Saturday, May 19, 2012

Daily Prayer of His Holiness, the Dalai Lama

With the determination to accomplish
The highest welfare of all sentient beings,
Who surpass even a wish-granting jewel,
I will learn to hold them supremely dear.

Whenever I associate with others I will learn
To think of myself as the lowest amongst all
And respectfully hold others to be supreme
From the very depths of my heart.

In all actions I will learn to search into my mind
As and soon as a disturbing emotion arises,
Endangering myself and others,
I will firmly face and avert it.

I will learn to cherish ill-natured beings
And those oppressed by strong
misdeeds and sufferings,
As if I had found a precious
Treasure difficult to find.

When others out of envy treat me badly
With abuse, slander, and the like,
I will learn to take all loss
And offer the victory to them.

In short I will learn to offer
everyone without exception
All help and happiness directly and indirectly,
And respectfully take upon myself
All harm and suffering of my mothers.

I will learn to keep all those practices
Undefiled by the stains of
the eight worldly concerns,
And by understanding all
phenomena as like illusions,
Be released from the bondage of attachment.


No comments:

Post a Comment