Tuesday, December 25, 2012

He is Like the Rain

He is like the rain.

And You,
You are the fire crackling under the mantle,
You are the hearth,
The warmth of the sun on my face,
A blanket wrapped tight
around my body,
You are a place I call home.

But he is like the rain.
Outside it washes over us
I hear it slapping the roof
and clanking on the shutters,
clamoring for a moment's notice.

You are I are safe in here.
I step inside of you and shut the door
and it's warm like fresh baked bread
Like six o'clock sand on a Seychelles shore
Like my own womb

But he is like the rain.
Always present,
sometimes just waiting to form
I can hear him outside...
I won't get caught in it!
I now come prepared
with You as my shepherd
You, as my shelter
You, my ward and my word,
You,
my Heart.

And as for him?
Well,

he is like the rain




No comments:

Post a Comment